Career OpportunitiesThe following positions are currently available:
Gallery Clerk (Full Time & Part Time)
We are looking for motivated professionals with experience in retail, customer service & show a keen personal interest in the art retail environment. The individual must possess a friendly & outgoing demeanor. Must be hard working, a proactive self starter, able to work well alone, a team player & take immense pride in any work they put forth. A positive attitude and a strong work ethic are an absolute must.
A Gallery Clerk's responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Greets & acknowledges every customer when they arrive at the gallery
- Provides all customers with prompt and courteous service
- Posses a strong foundation of knowledge about our art, artists & merchandise
- Build rapport with customers, provide them with genuine guidance and offer recommendations catering specifically to their current needs
- Frequently engages in cashiering, stocking merchandise and supplies, inventory, cleaning, and merchandising without being told
- Assists team members in maintaining a ready-for-business store appearance at all times
- Train new sales staff as needed by management
- Proficiency with Basic POS systems on OSX; Programs: Pages, Numbers, Photoshop, & Navigating Social Media Sites, are an added Plus.
Qualifications & Skills
- High school diploma/GED preferred (current student okay)
- 1+ years’ retail sales or customer service experience a plus
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed
Currently, we are hiring only part-time staff, but the best candidates can advance to a commission based sales associate status after 90 days of satisfactory performance. We are open every day from 8AM to 10PM, so a flexible availability is highly recommended.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org